Is it possible to automatically update the issue status when writing and posting an internal comment, using the /status function?
If not, any suggestions on how to approach?
Hi George,
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What is the use case?
Hi @George Neshev
Welcome to our Community.
The text /status has no relation to the workflow status. I think we should go to status switch button to implement it.
Thanks,
YY哥
To resolve unlicensed agent to update JSM tickets' status?
Improved efficiency. I find myself duplicating work by having to note the /status in the comment and then change the status on the mainticket too.
Was wondering if it's possible for JIRA to detect the status in the latest comment and update main status.
Still not following you. Can you lay it out step by step? When I do this, I want this to happen?
@George Neshev -
I agreed with what @John Funk stated to use automation rule to move the issue status when comment is posted route.
Question for you. When one adds comments in the project UI on the issue in question, he/she can simply change the issue status. If you want to have he/she to always enters comments for their action, then you can also customize your WF for the issue transition to include a pop-up window and a validator to make "comment is required". Therefore, the issue cannot be transition unless there is a comment entered.
This way, one don't have to explicitly to go to the comment section of the issue to enter his/her comments.
Hope this also helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.