I am trying to visualize my task by a custom field created on my organization?
Hi @Eva Maria Valero,
Not if your project is team managed. In those projects, you are confined to the predefined options to group by: assignee, epic or subtask.
In a company managed project's board, you can define swimlanes to achieve the same result. While you cannot just select the custom field you have set up dynamically, you can create a separate swimlane for each value from your custom field using a JQL filter. Suppose your custom field would represent a department, you could set up swimlanes like this:
Hope this helps!
Hi @Eva Maria Valero
Not sure if what you are trying to do is to configure Jira board? if so please see this page: Configure a company-managed board
Theodore
Hi @Eva Maria Valero ,
If you are up to Marketplace Apps I would suggest to try out our Advanced Agile & Kanban Boards. Here you can pick any Standard or Custom Fields as Columns/Swimlanes, Auto-Populate it based on your data and also decide on custom sorting.
If your custom field is single- or multi-select (meaning there's a limited set of value) ... you can also create JQL based swimlanes with standard boards functionality. Otherwise (if set of values is not limited) .. we suggest to use our App as this is more practical.
Kind regards,
Yuri.
Thanks @Yuri Lapin _Release Management_
thanks @Odd_lynice
Thanks @Walter Buggenhout
This works for company managed projects. I'm in a team managed project but I want to have swimlane to separate release version as this is crucial for my team's delivery. Any suggestion how I can do this? Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.