Help! Bare with me, while i try to explain my situation. I work as a Strategic Coordinator with the Product Portfolio of my company. I work in a small team of three Strategists and we have been using MS planner and such, but it's not giving us the overview we would like with dependencies, details and so on.
So, I was given Jira, and the task of setting up a workspace for my team. I've watched a few tutorials and read some articles to try to educate myself in the system. But I'm lost on where to start and what would be the most effective setup, longterm, when working with various projects with their own timelines and tasks to follow-up. For example we could be part of 3 different product development projects simultaniously, all while we also run our own processes for longterm portfolio strategies, market analysis and so on.
I know I want to have them all on the same board to be able to get a good overview of the workload and tasks ahead. So my question is, should I make each Project an "Epic" and each task a "story" with subtasks for example "Project X" where I have to do 1) A business case; 2) A launch plan; 3) Coordinate a product presentation. Then for "1) Business case" , I have subtasks like a) Forecast; b) Pricing strategy; c) Project Cost Calculations... And we could have up to 7 of these processes going at the same time.
So I need it to be a structured overview. Is Epics and "Stories" the way to go, or is there a better way? All help and ideas/tips for a newbie to this workspace are welcome!
/Amanda