Are the custom field days since the last comment updated automatically or do I need to create an automation for it?
Hello @Arensa Prasta
There is not a built-in custom field called Days Since Last Comment. I suspect that is unique to your instance or has been provided as part of a third party app.
Do you see the field listed in the Custom Fields page?
https://<yourBaseUrl>/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa
Hi @Arensa Prasta
just in case you're not getting this to run: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, the time since last comment would also be available in the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a long list of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available, including the time since last comment, along with many other comment-related columns.
This is how it looks in action:
As you can see above, you can easily sort and filter by the time since last comment, and also use it across JXL's advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.
This all just works - there's no scripting or automation whatsoever required, and you don't even need to add a custom field.
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
Hi @Trudy P Claspill thank you for replying!I indeed see this field listed in the Custom Fields page. please see the attached image
Well, I learned something new today! Thank you!
The values for fields of that type appear to be calculated dynamically, on demand.
Well, I added this one yesterday, but I don't see it being calculated dynamically.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.