I have created an automation that updates the Start Date field with the WorkLog Start Date, but the automation seems to fail.
The Error I get:
Hello @Mithun Shetty
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Where did you get the idea that this was valid syntax?
Also, is Start Date a Date Picker field or a Date/Time field?
If you were looking at this document
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-conditional-logic/
...for the above syntax, notice that the first paragraph says that it works for text fields.
You can accomplish the same thing use a Condition and Edit Action. You'll need to format the worklog.started value as just a date if the Start Date field is just a Date picker.
Thank you @Trudy P Claspill
I am new to the whole automation in JIRA.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
That is the short-form version of the conditional logic expression (although there is a typo in shown rule for the location of the parentheses): https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-conditional-logic/
However...many field types do not work with the isEmpty() function, particularly date fields. As you described, using a rule condition is better for this scenario.
Kind regards,Bill
@Bill Sheboy
Thank you. I didn't realize there was a "short form" for the conditional logic syntax. That is a new area for me.
From the referenced document:
The smart values listed on this page can be used with actions where text fields are involved, such as the Add comment or Send email actions.
I took that to mean that the conditional logic could not be used to set values for non-text fields. And in this case the OP is trying to set a date field. Do you concur?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.