In Jira we have several fields we use for Customers, Capitalized Projects, PI Commit, PI Plan, and others.
As things change over time something like the Capitalized Project would be completed and choice should never be used again.
I could delete the entry from the list but then it also means I need to migrate the field to another choice in the list or leave it empty.
The problem that creates that a months/years down the road we might want to search on them and clone them for cloning on a like project or a customer changes their mind and want to revive the project.
So I would lose the ability to query them Capitalized Project = "Project Ajax".
I guess I could prepend the list entries with (Obsolete) - Project Ajax and move all Obsolete to the bottom of a long list but that would be a lot of manipulation since I have quite a few drop down selections.
I suppose I could go back to management and ask for them to pay for yet another bolt on for a monthly fee but that's been getting a lot of pushback.
Are there any plans to have custom fields where the selections can be toggled on and off?