Been away from Jira for a little over a year and I'm back - and it's Cloud. In prior companies (Server) we were able to add customized check boxes and I'm researching adding it to our Jira tickets where I'm working now. Is that possible?
Welcome to the community, @Tracy Reitmann. There is no such feature built into Jira Cloud at this time.
You can/should checkout the Atlassian Marketplace for a solution and/or add your voice to one of the three product suggestions others have already made.
Hope this helps,
-dave
Hi @Tracy Reitmann,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Yes, that is possible. If you are looking for something that can be customized for each issue then you would need an app. There are multiple ones in the Marketplace that can add customized checklists to your issues. We use Issue checklist for Jira, but I would recommend that you check out the others too.
Thanks and that's sad to hear! we need to be able to "tag" a ticket with various things and that's the first idea that came to mind. RIght now they're using statuses which has created one monster of a workflow (and I'm working to get that simplified). I know we can do labels - if people are good about picking existing ones and don't inadvertently create a new one (misspelled as an example).
thanks I will research that! looking to create maybe 6-8 checkboxes available for all ticket types.
If the options in the checkboxes are the same then you could create a custom field using the type checkboxes
It would look different in the new issue view, the options will show up similar to components or multi-select fields, but when you click on the dropdown you will see the checkboxes
Hi @Tracy Reitmann
You might consider checklist apps that allow you to create a list of items inside the issue view.
I can recommend our Issue Checklist for Jira Pro, or a Free plugin that allows you to add a checklist to the issue view.
This is what looks like:
You can add a checklist, manually, or automatically to the new issues using Checklist Templates.
If you have any questions you can contact us via our help center.
Cheers!
Gracjan
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.