Hi there, I am a JIRA Administator / Manager with no training in JIRA Administration. I have joined a FinTech that uses JIRA Cloud. It has almost 1000 tickets in it's current Backlog.
Thus, for a first step to managing this Backlog, I want to create a Custom Field ("Value Effort") that uses a ticket's Total Delivery Value divided by it's Effort Required to Deliver (an oversimplification, but you get the point) and automatically assigns a "Value Effort" number to each ticket.
We have the (estimate) fields related to Total Delivery Value, and Effort Required to Deliver on our User Stories. Thus, I need to configure the Custom Field of "Value Effort" and base it's automatically derived value on an equation using the existing fields.
Now, my question: Can this even be done with JIRA Cloud (not Premium)? Do I need Add-Ins, if so?
I have looked in the Custom Field configuration and see how to set up the Field and assign it to Screens, but I see nowhere to imbed an equation to be used in automatically deriving the value of this "Value Effort" field.
Thank you for any insight you can provide.