Hello @Trudy P Claspill and @Inactive Stephen ,
I tried to create automation rule to copy the Feature_Epic_Story hierarchy using this rule shared in this post ( https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Cloning-Epics-including-stories-Jira-Automation/qaq-p/1969797),
When cloning the Features it creates all the epics under them but my initial rule set for cloning stories under each epics is failing. Not sure if I'm missing something.
Appreciate any support on this issue.
@Senthil V
Please show us the rules that you have created.
Are you trying to use a single rule to clone a Feature, its child Epics, and the Epic's child issues?
Incorrect window.
Hello @Trudy P Claspill
I just realized the rules will work only when we manual clone each issue type. I tried to put two rules and also a single rule. Both of the results are same. It clones the features and its Epic correctly. But the stories under those Epics are not created.
I am not sure if there is way to achieve them in single rule. Attached are the rules.
You may have two problems affecting the successful triggering and execution of these rules.
On the Rule Details page do you have this box checked?
The clone of the Epic issue may be happening during execution of the rule, if the rule was initially triggered by cloning a Feature. In that case, the above box needs to be checked, otherwise the rule cannot be triggered again based on the rule have executed the steps to Clone Epics.
The second potential problem I see is a timing issue. In your rule after the Clone the Epic you are deleting the link between the original and new Epics. That could interfere with triggering the rule to clone the child issues of the cloned Epic.
I tried checking the box as mentioned above on my Clone Epic_Stories rule and also removed the condition of deleting the link between original and new Epics in my another rule which clones Feature_Epics. I am still not getting the stories created for those epics. Only the epics are cloned.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.