It appears that only individuals can be made page owners. However I have seen a few web posts that suggest creating a group, then making the group the owner of a page. Is this possible?
you use use page restrictions or space permission to control this .
To clarify, are you saying that once I set the needed page restrictions or space permissions...then I CAN set a group as the owner of a page ?
yes you can restrict editing and viewing permissions for a page to specific individuals or groups. by restricting editing permissions to a select group of users, you effectively control who can make changes to the page content
My apologies, but I'm not sure you understand my question. I am only interested in setting the PAGE OWNERSHIP to a GROUP. The more that I investigate this, the more I think I cannot select a group as the owner...only a single individual.
hello @Chris Chanko
I must admit that your question is very vague.
by default in confluence the owner of a page is the creator of this page
it is possible to change the owner of a page to another user but not a grouphere https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/transfer-ownership-of-your-page-to-another-person/
but if by owner you mean having privileges like editing pages and adding attachments to them, then I'm of the same opinion with @Prakash Murugesan
Hi @Chris Chanko
As per the confluence documentation an individual User can be made the Page Owner https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/transfer-ownership-of-your-page-to-another-person/
Can you perhaps share a link to the web pages you mentioned in your original question that reference this feature?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.