We have always been able to add a child issue directly from an Epic but this has suddenly stopped working. The issue appears but does not allow us to assign the ticket or add "Original Line of Business" and therefore does not actually allow us to save the issue. From Epic click on Add a child IssueEnter description and then click Create. Can no longer save the issue.
Hi @Alex Harrison,
Quite likely there is a required field that you cannot enter directly from the list here that is blocking the creation of a new story. What error/warning message does Jira display when you select the (!) on the right hand side of your screenshot there? I would expect the reason why it doesn't work will be revealed there.
Hope this helps!
"We couldnt create the child issue.Field Originating LOB is required. "This is not a new field and has always been required.
Well, there is a new feature (rolled out or being rolled out) that allows child issues to be created from hierarchy issues above epics.
I am not an Atlassian, so not involved in development, but it is possible that behaviour has changed as a result of such changes. And so indeed, that is not on your end, but the reason why you can't create issues this way seems indeed related to what I said: the required field is blocking this.
How do I reachout to Atlassian?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.