We would like to grant "Anonymous access" to Knowledge Base articles. Is geoblocking for selected countries possible?
Hi @Reinhard.Hessler
Not natively as far as I know.
Depending on the need, IP allowlists might help, but it's not quite the same functionality.
Ste
Hello @Reinhard.Hessler and welcome.
Isn't geoblocking easy to circumvent these days? Once the space is anonymous, anyone can access it.
But to not sound like Captain Obvious... here's an idea.
Scroll Viewport app can make a public KB site, on your own domain) from a private (as in not anonymous) Confluence space.
It can also create a site, from the same private space, that you can control access to with your SSO setup. We do
I'm not an SSO expert but I wonder.... if it would be possible to use your SSO tool to geo-control access to your Viewport site.
That way, your Confluence remains private, selected content is in the Viewport site and you control access via your SSO tools.
Just an idea
Couldn't resist... this might help.
https://support.okta.com/help/s/article/How-to-Restrict-Access-Based-on-Location-While-Allowing-Temporary-Access-to-Traveling-Users?language=en_US
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.