Hi everyone,
I have been trying to get a grip on the planning of my team, we are an IT team and we have multiple recurring tasks we need to do daily/weekly/monthly/yearly. I want these issues to recur in jira, so far not really a problem, (using a daily recurring task as an example) but they tend to get created on the day it self.
I want to create all daily issues for the coming 2 months, say 5 * 8 weeks at once. These 40 issues need to have their own consecutive start and due date. This way they appear on the timeline for the coming 8 weeks and I can see how much work (original estimate) is already planned. And tomorrow the automation will need to make 1 extra issue on the 41st (work)day, day after tomorrow it creates one new issue on the 42nd day, and so on. Always creating 1 issue 8 weeks in advance. Same goes for the weekly, monthly, yearly recurring tasks so as a team we can see them coming and plan accordingly.
We serve at least 10 clients, so I will have 10 daily monitoring issues, each with their own project code and time tracked. This so the amount of time tracked gets billed to the correct contract.
We have the app Recurring tasks, but that doesn't seem to be able to do this. I have contacted the developer, but haven't had any success yet.
I did try a manual import once, that kind of works, but I would really like to automate this.