I created a rule to measure the current date time against a target completion date but it seems that my results are being roundup somehow.
{{"Need By Date".diff(now).hours.abs}}
It seems to be working if the "Need By Date" value is too far away that i don't care the differences in hours but if the current time is now and my "Need By Date" is tomorrow, I am always getting a 24 answer which is a day away instead of 8 or 9 hours if its already in the afternoon.
I tried playing around with the now extensions but although the rule successfully I am not getting any results.
I am suspecting that since my "Need By Date" is a date field not a datetime field, Jira is purposely ignoring the time data.
I dont want to change the configuration of my "Need By Date" field so is there a way to trick it to format it to be a datetime.