Hello,
I hope you are able to help me. I have tried to solve my question on the Atlassian Community site. But have only gotten half-ways. Add an additional issue type to an existing projec... (atlassian.com)
My problem:
On a Jira-project (a Company Managed project) we are using a couple of Issue types (Epics and Tasks).
I wish to add an additional issue type to this project, but I wish that this new issue type shall have a different issue layout (different fields). I also need the new issue type to be able to have sub-tasks.
How I have tried to solve the problem so far:
I added new Issue type to the project called "HR-Change Request" (just a standard Issue type which I have added fields to), but I understand that the layout and fields of the new Issue type is associated to the same screen as the original Issue types - and therefore I cannot customize the new Issue type without updating the other issue types.
I have tried to create a new screen called "HR: ChangeRequest", a new screen scheme and tried associating it with the project.... but I have been going around in circles for a couple of hours, I have been unable to figure out how to solve this without what seems associate all Issue types...
For this Jira-project, the default Screen Scheme has been (and should be): "MO: Kanban Default Screen Scheme"
However, I think I have botched this up - and I don't know how to correct the mistake - and to get my desired result (which, just to recap is to in a current Jira-project has an additional issue type that can have another field configuration than the standard issue types in the same Jira-project)