Jira Cloud Premium. I have Admin Admin permissions in our instance and all roles assigned in the project that I am using for my test.
The Sigma fields are just completely baffling me. I've taken a lot of time researching this and am unable to find a comprehensive guide on these fields.
Here are the fields in question:
- Σ Original Estimate
- Σ Progress
- Σ Remaining Estimate
- ΣTime Spent
For the sake of simplification, let's just focus on Σ Original Estimate because that is the one I care about at the moment.
I believe the following statements are TRUE:
- The sigma fields are created by Jira when Time Tracking is enabled AND Sub-Tasks are enabled.
- The sigma fields can be added to cards so the data is visible when you are looking at a board.
- The sigma fields are most visible and most powerful in the Time Tracking Report.
- The sigma fields have absolutely nothing to do with any parent/child relationship UNLESS you involve Sub-Tasks. Meaning: These fields won't do sums for Epics.
Now that you have an idea of how much I've looked in to this... I would like to know why on earth I can not get these sigma fields to display in Description, Details, More Fields or really anywhere on the individual issue view screen.
TL;DR: I would like Σ Original Estimate to appear anywhere somewhere on the issue view screen and I can't figure out how to make it happen.
Thanks y'all.
- Christa