I have four statuses on my custom fields drop down list. I want to see a different color for each value when showing the status on the dashboard.
Not Started
On Track
At Risk
Delayed
Hi @Ray Balmeo Cagayon
are you actually talking about a custom field or are you referring to the Jira Status? Maybe provide a screenshot for some clarity.
If you want to customize Custom fields, you will most likely will need Marketplace Apps like ScriptRunner. If you only want a different layout for the Dashboard it depends on the Gadgets used.
Hello @Ray Balmeo Cagayon ~ I've done this in Data Center but haven't tried in Cloud. In Data Center, you have to first enable HTML in field descriptions (via General Configuration screen).
Then using this as a guide, set your select list options accordingly.
@Laurie Sciutti ,
I am getting my admin team to take a look at it. Thanks for the reply.
@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ ,
I am referring to a custom field. I want that Custom field to have some color codes to have better visualization on at risk tools.
if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.
With conditional formatting, you can configure conditions on your issue fields, and if a condition is matched, set the background and/or text colour of either the entire row or just a particular cell - meaning that you can model a view like e.g. this in just a couple of clicks:
As you can see, this view is fully interactive, meaning that you can work on your issues directly in JXL (but also trigger various operations in Jira, or export your data to CSV or Excel in just a click).
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.