A Scrum Master reached out to me today looking for a solution to an issue they just ran into. While starting a Sprint, they found that there are 2 stories already in the "done" status prior to the Sprint starting and asked me why they didn't see these in the backlog view for their Scrum Board (where you build Sprints).
I let them know from what I can find done status stories do not show up in this view. I found that there isn't even a filter in this view that shows statuses, and I even created several quick filters to try and force done stories to show in this view and it's like the view just blocks done cards period.
I let them know the best solution I think of for now, at least short term is to create a filter and put it on a dashboard to show Done status stories with a future Sprint in the Sprint field, this way before they click the start Sprint button they can go to that dashboard and verify no Done status issues are accidently slotted.
My question, is there a way to show Done status stories in the Scrum Boards Backlog View?
If not, what else could be a possible solution to teammates moving stories that are in future Sprints to Done prior to the Sprint even starting?