Hey, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to approach setting up an automation. I will explain the high level expectation below. A team would like the following process to happen in their project via an automation:
When an Issue is created under the "Training" Issue type, then assign the ticket to John Doe. This is the parent ticket.
When John Doe moves this Parent ticket to “In Progress” > Create 6 new Subtasks (Note: Each Subtask has a unique Summary Name)
- When the 6th Subtask from the above is transitioned to “.Done” then create a new sub-task (Subtask7) that links back to the parent
- When the 7th Subtask is moved to "Done", then send an email to users in the "SME(s) field and create a new subtask (Subtask 8) that links back to parent.
When the 7th subtask is moved to "Done", then send an email to user in the "Lead" field and create a new subtask (Subtask 9) that links back to the parent.
The above basically goes on until we have a total of 16 subtasks. I have tried setting it up using separate rules for each line utilizing branching but it seems to stop linking back to the parent ticket once I get to the 8th subtask. I would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!