Kia Ora... my query is related to Jira Discovery Project... I'm wanting to create automation between Jira Discovery Project and Jira Software Project for the following scenario:When my 'xxx Jira Discovery Project' issue/ type: Idea changes it's status to: xxxThen in my 'xxx Jira Software Project' I want to clone the 'xxx Jira Discovery Project' issue/ type into my 'xxx Jira Software Project' as an Epic record and status set to: xxxI've created various automation rule configurations in Global Automation and when I run the rule there i no cloned issue.Rule at follow:When: Issue Transitioned... to 'xxx'If: issue matches JQL (query filter for which type/ issues that need to be considered when a status change is made)Then: Clone issue into...Have tried many different selections in the rules but can't get the dynamic automation working.I know I can clone the Jira Software Project via "create delivery ticket" - but I'm wanting to setup automation as there are other fields that I want to automate once I get the status change triggering a clone issue.
Hi @Selena Peri ,
Welcome to the atlassian community,
You can create sample automation like this:
Create, link issue, copy field and move status of new issue in xxx software project when xxx Jira Discovery Project ticket transition to xxx
When: Issue transitioned - To status xxx Then: Create issue: project: Software Project XXX Issue type = Epic summary = {{issue.summary}} choose field to set = select all fields you need to set/copy including linked issues Linked Issues = implements - Trigger Issue (so this will be shown in Discovery tickets) added issue field = set or copied from Trigger Issue (from xxx Jira Discovery ticket) Add a Branch: Branch rule / related issues - Type of related issues = Most recently created Issue Transition issue: Destination Status = xxx
When: Issue transitioned - To status xxx
Then: Create issue:
project: Software Project XXX
Issue type = Epic
summary = {{issue.summary}}
choose field to set = select all fields you need to set/copy including linked issues
Linked Issues = implements - Trigger Issue (so this will be shown in Discovery tickets)
added issue field = set or copied from Trigger Issue (from xxx Jira Discovery ticket)
Add a Branch: Branch rule / related issues - Type of related issues = Most recently created Issue
Transition issue: Destination Status = xxx
Kia Ora @Dexter de Vera Thank you and appreciate you reply to my post asking for automation support between two JPD and JSP.I configured my rule as you explained but I still received an error.I'm unable to add my screenshots to show my configuration setting and the error received...However, "some errors" states:Create issueunknown field set during create, they may be unavailable for the Project/ type. Check custom field configuration. Fields ignored - Linked Issues (Issuelinks), Description (description)Error creating issueBad Request (400)So - I unchecked Linked Issue and Description fields, in the "create Issue" pop up window... "some errors" now states:Create issueError creating issueBad Request (400)
hmm...
Can you show us screenshot of your rule?. Did you check the linked issue and description are in your software project epic create screen. And also check if there are other fields that is mandatory upon creation of epic.
Hi Selena,
Can you please open a support ticket, specifying which project and which rule you're not able to make work?
to open a support ticket, go in Jira Product Discovery, and click "give feedback" at the bottom of the left navigation, and then choose the support team
Thanks!
Hermance
Kia Ora @Dexter de Vera ,
Again, thanks for your reply... have attached screenshots of my settings selected for this new automation rule.Good call out point about the 'new Epic creation' - what other mandatory fields must be filled in when raising a new Epic issue -> will check that.And, I seem to get error log for "linked issue"...
Again thank you @Dexter de Vera - for helping me here...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.