Hi All,
i have a service desk project which I want to use with multiple teams.
When a ticket is created, I want to use an automation to change the issue type which will assign the ticket to the workflow associated with the issue type.
However I am running into some issues. These are the steps I think I need to do:
1. create 2 different issue types
2. create 2 workflows
3. associate each issue type with each workflow
4. use automation to change issue type.
However this doesnt seem to work. The automation fails with this error - "The issue type selected is invalid (issuetype)"
I read 1 blog which said I need to associate both issue types to both workflows. However this doesnt seem to work. Each issue type can only be associated with 1 workflow. Is this true?
If someone has a guide for how to do this I would be very grateful. Again here is what Im trying to accomplish:
Create 1 service desk ticket with multiple answers (done)
Based on the response, use automation to change the ticket type (done but fails)
Have 2 workflows associated with 1 project
Have 2 issues associated with 1 project
Ability to change ticket type and associate with different workflow
Automate this process
Have different views and dashboards for different teams based on the different workflows
Thanks for the help!