Found a bug in JIRA, but because I'm on the free account I can't report it.
Bug: There are issues assigned to a release. I can go into those issues and see clearly the release number listed in the "Fix versions". When I go to the main releases page there is a green and blue bar indicating that some of the issues are complete and some in progress. But when I click on the release name itself it does not show any issues in there. Even says "Issues 0"
It's dumb that atlassian doesn't allow you to report a bug in its own software just because you're on a fee account. I'm not asking to talk to support, I'm doing you a favor by taking my time to report a bug in your own software.
Edit: looks like a workaround is to do an issue search for the by the "fix version".