I am using JSM, and customers can submit issues using portal. My request types each have a form linked, and the form fields are linked to custom Jira fields. I have a few specific fields that I want to use to build the Summary, so my agents can see consistent Summaries.
Issue 1
There seems to be no way to hide the field "Summary" from the user-facing form. It is always displayed, no matter what I do. I want to hide it, because the Summary is supposed to be constructed based on user inputs into other fields.
Can I hide the Summary from user-facing form?
Issue 2
My current workaround is to link Summary to a short text question named "Internal use only, don't modify" populated with a random string. Very awkward.
On issue creation, I have an Automation rule that rewrites the summary by taking my custom fields, concatenating them, and overwriting the summary. It works fine, though unfortunately the first email notification goes out with email subject still being the random string, before the Automation rule had a chance to overwrite the summary.
How can I make my rule run even before the email notification is sent?
Issue 3
Because my random string field linked to the Summary field remains in the form, if an agent needs to make edits to the form re-saving the form overwrites the result of my automation rule back again with the original random string, so I would need to create another automation to re-overwrite it again. At this point it gets really clunky.
Is there a way to get the form to stay in sync with the updated Summary field after initial form submission?
----
Or, maybe I'm really overcomplicating things? All I want is my Summary to always be constructed based on 2 or 3 custom fields and stay in sync with those fields.