I have just recently setup an email address to create issues and add comments to existing issue in JIRA. The email handler seems to be working in that issues are created and I can see them in the system.
But I'd like to have two things that are not currently happening:
- Auto-reply to the user to let them know we received their request, and we're investigating the issue
- Notify the default assignee (me) that a new issue was created in JIRA.
I would think these are two very common requests, yet I'm not seeing the options. Here is my setup for the Email Handler:
Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue
- CC Assignee: true
- CC Watchers: false
- Create Users: false
- Default Reporter: MyUserName
- Forward Email: MyEmail@Address.com
- Notify Users: false
- Strip Quotes: false
UPDATE
I changed my profile settings to "Notify me of my changes" but this doesn't really make sense to me. I dont' want to get notified of every change I make. I only want to get notified when a new case comes in that has been auto-assigned to me.
Shouldn't this be covered by the Notify Assignee rule? Do I have to have the "Notify me of my changes" set (and receive hundreds of emails per week) just so I can get the ones from new cases emailed in and assigned to me?