When I move a task to the closed column on the board (which I do frequently, I create very small tasks) I get a coloured confetti celebratory animation, which I'm starting to find quite annoying.
How can I turn it off?
Hello @Fergus Hudson
That is not a native Jira Software Cloud feature. Atlassian actually has an unresolved suggestion to add an option to throw confetti when a task is completed.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21061
It is likely coming through a third party app or browser extension.
I found a Chrome extension that advertises confetti on issue completion.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/confetti-for-jira/npfgifmonkgndbnnloodjjpnjidbfaak?hl=en
I also found this about confetti when completing checklists:
https://info.seibert-media.net/display/we/Confetti+for+finished+checklists+in+Atlassian+Jira+and+Confluence
I also have this and I would love to be able to turn it off, because as much as I like fun I don't enjoy the Jira board running any slower than necessary on my 7 year old macbook 😭
I was able to find a semi-recent addition in the atlassian cloud changelog that lists "We added fun animations to celebrate finished tasks.", but there's no info on how to disable them...https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2024/04/atlassian-cloud-changes-mar-25-to-apr-1-2024
Hi!
There are several open suggestions to add enable / disable for the existing animations (i.e., to help with app performance), but I do not see any in the public backlog yet for disabling the new animations in Jira Work Management projects.
Perhaps add a suggestion or use the feedback mechanism to suggest an enable / disable option.
Kind regards,Bill
@Joshua Jones
Thank you for correcting me. I did not notice that change from Atlassian.
It does appear to be limited to Jira Work Management projects. If somebody is seeing a similar effect in a Jira Software project, then I believe that would be a browser extension rather than something native to Jira at this time.
please make it optional, and available elsewhere where I need the validation when completing a task
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.