I am thinking of creating a rule that requires users to acknowledge there are no code changes if they are aligning with issues other than bugs or stories. I would like some assistance. I do not know if Jira has this capability. I know you can configure a rule for moving an issue from task to others.
I think it might be easier to enforce this in your version control system. That is, don't allow a PR to be merged unless it contains a Jira issue key and that issue is a Bug or Story. How you do that depends on your integration of Jira and version control
✨ Both the Better Commit Policy for Jira and the related Better Commit Policy Connector for Bitbucket apps are now available for the Cloud!
You can precisely check commit messages, pull request titles and other fields and see the result directly on the Bitbucket Cloud web interface:
With our apps you can verify:
If you use JQL query like this, then you have the check in place:
type IN (Bug,Story)
In a similar way, you can check if the issue status is "In progress", if the assignee is the developer, and many other valuable things! See some ideas here.
The apps you need:
(Discl. I am a developer working on these apps.)
Could I add A rule in bitbucket? How can I stop developers from adding work to issues that are tasks for jira.?
That I can do, but I need to stop developers from merge against tickets that contain code changes only when the issue key = 'Task'. This appears to be quite difficult!
As Aron mentioned, you need a (free) Bitbucket companion app that works with Better Commit Policy for Jira, called Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket. It allows you to apply the policies to your Bitbucket repositories.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.