Hello Community,
Today, our current Confluence server edition allows the internal users to consult anonymously some space contents at no cost of extra license.That’s because as long as the user is not authenticated, they can access any contents accessible anonymously. If they need to access protected contents, then the user needs a license.
Tomorrow, with the move to Cloud plan, the SSO will be activated so this would mean every internal user will be authenticated to access the Confluence site in Cloud.
With that setup in place, my question, is there still possible to access the anonymous contents without consuming a license?
I didn’t succeed to find any article that describes how to tackle such need in Atlassin KB. I found similar questions without native solution.
However I came across with this question published in 2021 Confluence Cloud with SSO (Access) required but re... - https://community.atlassian.com/ and a feature request was submitted [CONFCLOUD-30161] Allow unlicensed, authenticated users to have anonymous read only access - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. - https://jira.atlassian.com/ which seemed to be resolved!
So does anyone can help finding the official way to handle such challenge in Cloud please?
Thanks in advanceSutha
Hi @Sutha
Anonymous access in Cloud essentially means the pages are available on the public internet. But there are some alternatives you can explore...
I'd check out all three options, but the JSM option might be a good candidate given these are internal users
Ste
Hello @Ste Wright
Thanks for your time and reply.
Our needs is that only our organization users access contents in read-only and that is the case today with the Confluence server edition hosted internally and which is not exposed to externally at all.
When we move to cloud, the access will be protected by SSO and we have no plan to expose the contents for public access.
We have no plan to purchase JSM given the fact we are not using it and no needs at this time.
Given all these facts, any suggestion to consult contents without consuming license after authenticating.
Thanks
For the JSM option, you could use a Free instance potentially (up to 3 agents), and then try the above?
This help page suggests how to set this up, using JSM or the Guest model mentioned in my original answer
---
A further option you could test would be to...
...this should allow for the functionality to be similar to what you had in Server. But I would definitely test this solution within a sandbox instance before doing it on your production site.
Hello @Sutha
I noticed your use case, and I believe it can be effectively addressed using the Confluence Secure Share for Cloud app. This solution allows you to securely share pages without incurring additional license costs.
Additionally, the app offers a variety of features including:
I'm Ashwini from the miniOrange Team, an Atlassian Top Vendor, and I'd be delighted to arrange a FREE Demo and Setup for you. Alternatively, feel free to reach out to us at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com for any further questions.
I'm also adding a few articles in case you'd like to read more about this solution -
Thanks,Ashwini
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.