I tried to search for this but I'm not really sure what I'm even trying to ask. I'm just going to type and edit and hope the question makes sense at the end.
We have a Service Management portal to report bugs in our in-house ERP but then they are just issues in JSM.
Some background. I'm the JSM admin here and have pretty good knowledge of everything JSM and automations. I'm relatively new to Jira Software but love that many of the settings concepts are very similar. We are on the Standard Plan in JSM and free plan on Jira Software. All projects are Company-Managed and I have full access to everything.
We can of course assign the head developer to deal with that issue but shouldn't we be putting the bug into Jira software as well so that they can be timeline'd plus we have agents in Jira Software that are not agents in Jira Service Management.
How is this typically managed?
I've seen some "apps" that can replicate issues back and forth between projects but I think the "end user"/reporter does need to be part of 90%+ of the comments made on that bug issue in Jira Software.
Just trying to understand best practices. Any input or links is greatly appreciated.