Hello everyone,
I'm currently facing an issue with retrieving the assignee for a Jira ticket through the Jira API URL. Despite using the API endpoint "${JIRA_URL}/rest/api/2/issue/${ticket}?fields=assignee", all I'm receiving is Null. I'm uncertain about the correct solution to resolve this.
Any insights or guidance on how to troubleshoot and fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Hi @DevOps iCapital and welcome to the Community! Do you get the same result using api/3?
https://<yoursite>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/<key>?fields=assignee
Hello @DevOps iCapital
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
The API is working for me.
Have you tried the API without the "fields" parameter to confirm that you can retrieve all data for the issue?
Have you confirmed that the issue exists, and has an Assignee value?
For the user identity used to authorize the request, does that user have access to the project and the specific issue you are trying to retrieve?
So the NUll is coming on the assignee I am getting all the other information
Does the Assignee field for that specific issue actually have a person specified in it?
so the ticket has an assignee i can see the email and the person's name but assignee is blank/empty
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.