Hello,
So I am trying to streamline our internal employee/contractor offboarding process. This starts life as an email that is sent to a distro list and then we manually create a ticket in Jira. I would like to setup a process where the email is forwarded to a Slack channel with the Assist Bot installed. which then generates a ticket in Jira. I have setup all of the components and can get the Slack channel to generate a ticket when I request it from within the channel itself, but not if I forward an email. I was hoping that the Assist Bot would be intelligent enough to map the Email Subject -> Jira Summary and Email Body -> Jira Description...but it simply fails every time.
We use a 3rd party email handler, so using the Jira Email handler for this will cause us issues and is not an option.
Anybody else had any experience with Email -> Slack -> Jira Ticket?
- Paul