I have installed Asset Discovery on my machine and made some configurations in it. Actually here I'm not getting what credentials to give in credentials tab. I need to scan the laptops connected to my office ip . can someone guide me on this . Thanks in advance
Hi @sharath sunkari To scan network devices from your network you'll need:
Regards,Volodymyr B.
Hi @Volodymyr Batrukh
I have gone through the documentation and set up all the configurations.What actually pattern mean..?I gave localhost in scan Ip range, does it mean it will scan all the devices connected to that same ip..?what credentials need to give in credentails tab
@sharath sunkari , pattern describe the part of the information that will be collected from the corresponding device. Some of the patterns are required for device type. In your configured example two hosts from scan setting 0001 will be tried to scan by configured credentials. In your example you have created empty Windows credentials that will allow to scan just your local machine 127.0.0.1. Scan for other device will fails - as credentials doesn't much. Simply saying to scan another Windows machine in your network you will need to:1) Add separate scan setting for the device/set of devices2) Add Windows credentials for local administrator on scanned device(s). Select configured scan settings from step 1 (instead of All)3) The scanned device should be allowed to be scanned over WMI (configured WMI rules, and Admin user should be able to run WMI) - https://serverfault.com/questions/28520/which-permissions-rights-does-a-user-need-to-have-wmi-access-on-remote-machines- Volodymyr B.
I got your point . let say i have 25 devices (laptops ) conneted to my ip. 25 users will use this 25 laptops. Do i need to set up 25 scans by giving each administrator credentials as each user having their own credentials
I configured export type as file copy
@sharath sunkari it seems you did some misconfiguration. Empty credentials should reference to your local laptop scan settings (you can change IP range to 127.0.0.1). And filled credentials should reference to "laptop office" scan settings
logs cannot reach devices by provided credentials
@sharath sunkari now you need to configure export from your Discovery tool to send all the data to JSM Assets:1) Generate new token from your newly created import2) Use this toke for Jira Service Management (Cloud) export type in discovery. you can find more details here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/assetapps/export-1168847949.html 3) Run Discovery scan. Newly generated scan results should be transferred to JiraIf you need more detailed support please contact official Atlassian supportRegards,Volodymyr B
Thanks for the help. My laptop info tracked and inserted the data into objects.After inserting the data let say I added one more drive as "E". will this change add directly into the asset
Hi @sharath sunkari if Windows_StorageDevice.pat is enabled for your scans on the next scan the new E drive should be detected and displayed in Jira. To do the scans automatically from your machine, please install Discovery as a service (via Service tab or run Discovery.exe -i). In that way all the scan will be done automatically within configured period. Regards,Volodymyr B.
Windows_StorageDevice.pat is enabled for my scan and I have installed discovery as a service and i can find the latest scans in the /discovery_tools/scans folder. But here my concern is how the updated data will be inserted to the Jira automatically without any configuration. can you plz let me know im new to this entire concept i tried maximum from my side to learn this stuff. Apologies it might be irritating to you but i just wanted to learn
Hello @Volodymyr Batrukh ! Why am I not seeing the service tab on Discovery 7.1.0?
Hi @Mariano Assets Discovery running on Linux (via Mono) do not have Service and Update tab as services are working just on Windows devices. To have service functionality on Linux you need to create a service via systemd.Regards,Volodymyr B.
fantastic @Volodymyr Batrukh
thank you so much for your help! Do you happen to know what could be going on the other thread I posted ?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Assets-Discovery-7-1-0-fails-to-scan-network/qaq-p/2926821
you will be my hero if you help me figure that out !!! Thanks in advance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.