I have tried to use all three tempo account smart values to add the tempo account to a summary of an issue and non of them work or apply.
{{issue.TempoAccountField}} - Returns the name of the account
{{issue.TempoAccountField.name}} - Returns the name of the account
{{issue.TempoAccountField.value}} - Returns the name of the accountIs there only specific places that this smart value will work?In my automation in summary I have add all three of this and tested but none of them will apply the account. Does the account have to be set on the issue before it can apply or can it pull from the parent issue? I have tried this when account is available and still not working.
Hi @A A Ron Geister _Trundl_
First thing, I am not using Tempo, and my suggestions are based on what I know about automation rules. With that out of the way...
You are referring to this information, correct? https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--issue.TempoAccountField--
Some marketplace apps add custom fields for their data, while others dynamically generate the data using code. In automation rules, this can have the impact of some smart values appearing as null in some usage.
The way to check that is:
Kind regards,Bill
Try this smart value:
{{issue.Account.value}}
Or this, for the parent potentially...
{{issue.parent.Account.value}}
Note: I haven't tried these, found it mentioned in this answer from a Tempo team member.
Ste
Thanks @Ste Wright Bingo
Thanks @Bill Sheboy I should always use audit log checking to validate the automation and always for get to add that into my automation. Thank you again.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.