I am trying to build out a list of tickets to be created on a date towards the beginning of the year every year. I've tried using the scheduling options with a CRON expression, but I keep getting an error message. Online research tells me the CRON expression is correct but no dice.Does anyone have an option I can try to get the automation to run on the 5th of January every year?
Hello @Kate
The link there that says "Learn more about CRON expressions" leads to the following page. Did you review the information there?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-filters/
What is the "8" for in your expression?
Based on the page above, this expression should work:
0 0 1 5 JAN ? *
Run the rule at 1:00:00 am on the 5th of January, regardless of the day of the week that is on, every year.
Hi Kate, this is my new favorite site for CRON work. Give this a shot
0 0 9 5 JAN ? 2025/1
It should trigger it on Jan 5 at 9:00AM every year starting in 2025
Hope it helps.
0 0 0 5 JAN ? *
Starts exactly every 5th of January.
It worked! Thanks for this and thank you for the CRON website
Proven to work! thank you so much
Hi Trudy,Thanks for the expression - proven to work! My one had the 8 in it as I was hoping to have it run at 8am on the 5th. Looks from your response that I needed another 0 at the beginning to make a correct CRON expression. Thanks for your help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.