Hello,
I'd like to suggest that the changes to notification settings in Jira Software which happened sometimes between 02 and 03/2024 for which I found no announcement in monthly recap emails, made things worse.
I have just summarize the change for our company like this:
They have switched the logic from "choose the relation to tickets you want to get notifications for" to "choose the activity on tickets you want to be notified about (and we determine which tickets are related to you ourselves)"
The issues I have with this change:
- You did not notify us about this change of logic, I see it more important to notify about change than about any new feature.
- Everyone (namely ticket creators like Project/Product owners, Architects, Analysts) will get notifications for all tickets they created (for others) -> SPAM
- Why did you go from 1:N to N:1 instead of N:N ? Why take away the option for a user to choose which tickets are relevant to him/her? -> this is my suggestion, give us back the ability to determine which tickets we want to get notified about for ourselves.
Kind regards,
Tomas