I would like to permanently delete the issue in Jira Project. i.e is delete it from Removed Issues list. How can I do that?
Hello @Sanjay Khanna
Once an issue gets deleted from Jira, there is no way to return them back, that is why Atlassian asks you if you are sure that you want to delete your issue.
The only way here is to use the app that is meant for returning to the previous version which is called Rewind.
I am sure of deleting the issue and would like to delete it permanently. Are you saying I cannot permanently delete the issue?
Do not delete issues. When you delete it is GONE. Hardly a week goes by without someone wanting to restore an issue. Deleting issues will come back and bite you when it is the most inconvenient. I suggest closing with a resolution value of Deleted anything you want to delete. I implement a special transition only the project lead can execute and it requires filling in a reason field from a select list (such as entered in error, OBE, Duplicate, Other) and explanation text.
Deleting issues destroys historical data. Missing issue numbers will eventually cause a question about what it was and why was it deleted even if it was done properly. Missing data always brings in the question of people hiding something that may have looked bad.
The only viable way to restore an issue is to create a new instance of JIRA and restore a backup that has the issues. Then export them to a csv file and import them to your production instance. You will lose the history.
None of my users have delete permission.
If you insist on deleting issues you need the delete issue permission
Hi,
If you have access to delete tickets in the project, open the ticket --> Click on action menu and select delete.
Please note: You're permanently deleting this issue, its comments and attachments, and all of its data. It can never be restored.
The issue is not deleted temporarily, it is deleted permanently. After this there is no turning back.
These were test issues created to give demo to my team leads and PMs on what they should do. So I really don't care about these test issues I created while giving the demo. I removed them from the Project and they are now in Removed Issue. I am ok for these to be in removed issue however these issues continue to show up in Confluence Jira Issues macro.
Hi, I don't have delete option on the menu.
Hello, I'm sorry to continue this issue,
What kinds of authority is needed to have the perfect authority to delete issue permanently without leaving any trail?
And what is the exact name of authority?
You need to have delete issues permission in the project
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.