Hello!
I've set up a basic Kanban software project in Jira using the Kanban project template. I imported previous work from a Trello board and moved the imported tasks into epics/tasks/subtasks accordingly.
After the setup was finished, I can no longer see all of the issues on my project board. For example:
- On my board, I have 3 issues/cards in the "In progress" column (incorrect). The column header says "IN PROGRESS 3" (not e.g. IN PROGRESS 3 OF 5 in case a filter was in use)
- If I go to "Issues" and filter by status "In progress", I get 5 results (correct)
- If in the project settings I go to "Board" > "Columns and statuses", under the column "In progress", the UI says "5 issues" (correct)
Some considerations:
- I am the sole admin and user in the project as it was just set up
- The project is using the simplified workflow
- I have no filters set on top of the board view
- Changing the "Group by" setting on the board page does not affect the incorrect counts
- All the issues/tickets are in the same project. It is the first and only project I have
- If I move any of the tickets not visible on the board to a different status, they still do not become visible in a different column
Things I have already looked at:
- I found a Jira doc article about solutions to these kinds of issues. However, I cannot see the settings explained in the article, e.g. sub filters or swimlanes so I cannot follow the instructions. I assume this is due to the simplified workflow
- I attempted to create a new board following the instructions in this Jira doc article, but after selecting "Create a Kanban board", the UI asks for the existing project, but there is no dropdown/suggestions, so I cannot select it.
- I also attempted to remove the board in case that would allow me to recreate it. However, there is no ellipsis menu next to the board in the boards listing, so I cannot select to delete it.
How could I start fixing this situation? I'm at a bit of a loss, any help is greatly appreciated!