Is it true that all sub-task issue types are automatically removed anytime an "Epic Link"!= is used? Why would Jira do this? Just because I want to exclude one epic from a list doesn't mean I also do not want to see any sub-task issue types.
Example:
We have a "backlog archive" epic (call it 'ASK-123')to dump issues into that we no longer need.
If I perform any JQL query, for example, a simple list of issues resolved within a date range like this:
project = "ASK" AND RESOLVED >= 2024-03-15 AND RESOLVED <= 2024-03-18
The result is a list of 9 issues, 2 tasks and 7 sub-tasks. None have a parent of "backlog archive". This is working as expected.
When I try to exclude our "backlog archive" epic using a simple AND Epic Link"!=ASK-123"
The result is a list of 2 issues. This is NOT expected because none of the resolved issues have any relationship to ASK-123, and I should still see the sub-tasks like above.
Try it.