Hi,
I'm trying to get notified or trigger an automation when a portal user is created for a certain domain.
Is it something anyone already looked at?
Thanks
Fanny
Hi @Fanny Vachet - Not easily. You won't be able to trigger on portal user creation. Instead, you would need to trigger the rule on a schedule and then use the Send Web Request action to get the users where email domain = x. However, this will still not solve for the user creation date (I don't believe that's possible through API). To get around that, I see you're on JSM Premium so you could use an asset object type to store each as an object. Finally, you could use another automation rule to perform desired actions when a new object is created as that would indicate that a new user was created.
Hi @Mark Segall ,
Thanks for the quick reponse.
I'd be keen to understand how we can create an asset when someone creates an account on the portal.
That might help us identify any new user for a specfic domain but also get us some dashbaording on portal usage.
I have followed the KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automatically-add-object-linked-to-reporter-to-insight-field-on-ticket-creation-1142431084.html
But I get the error
Hi @Fanny Vachet - The point of the article you shared is to establish reference links between a catalog of company assets with a user. For example, when I raise a request as a portal user, my assigned asset(s) will dynamically appear on the request to accelerate triage.
However, based upon your initial question this wouldn't be enough to trigger a rule when a new user has been created. While you can do several things if you know that the user exists, you cannot get when that user was created dynamically without something like what I shared in my first answer.
I hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.