I have attempted to add team member to a project several times but I am unable to because I keep getting an error message that says "something went wrong. we can't add anyone right now." Please provide a solution for this issue.
hi! what kind of project is this and how are you adding them? can you share your steps?
Hello @Angie Laurent
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Your post tags indicate you're using a free subscription. Is that correct? Have you always been using a free subscription?
A free subscription is limited to 10 users. Do you already have 10 users for your Jira application?
Hi @Angie Laurent
What kind of project is this - Team-managed or Company-managed?
And do the user(s) have access to Jira Software via your user management?
Ste
Hi Stephen, it is team managed
Hi Susana, it is team managed. I am adding them by clicking on the "add people" icon under the Board tab. Then add type the user's email and select add.
have you added them via Project settings>Access?
cause per my understanding you're trying to give them access to the board without adding them into the project
I'd check the questions from Trudy and Susanna first, any thoughts on these?
Hi - in a company managed project where I'm admin on a team project,
I have attempted to add team member to a project several times but keep getting the error message "something went wrong. we can't add anyone right now." Hash 1WQWMZWTrace a289e88449484fbd974f08fd6e333c12
doesn't matter what role is being assigned, the function continually throws the error, even after a couple hours
User being added already has a Jira license in the company project.
can anyone help?
Hello @Hex_Persephone
It is generally discouraged in the Community Guidelines to add to posts that are more than 6 months old. That's referred to as "necroposting". In the future please start a new Question by clicking on the +Ask a question button at the top of the Forums pages.
The code that you are seeing is one that is only useful to Atlassian Technical support, to help them look at log files where those codes have been used as tags inserted at the time the error occurs. As a community of users of our own Jira instances, we don't have access to log files for your system.
If you are using a paid subscription (which I assume you must be since in a Free subscription you cannot add people to projects), then you should escalate the problem to the administrators of your Jira instance. Administrators can open a support case with Atlassian at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Good luck!
Hi Trudy !
thank you i did not know :-)
i will adhere to this:
+Ask a question button at the top of the Forums pages
info as we're talking, these are Enterprise Jira licenses
and I will endeavor to get the error code to Atlassian Technical Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.