Hi all,
I'd like to be able to see all my backlog issues that are older than 6months (from the date of creation of the ticket) and thought that might be solved with a label being automatically assigned. However I do not see such automation. Has anyone else tried to set up something similar?
Thanks!Diana
Hi @Diana Dvorska
You could have a rule like the following:
Where on the "Edit Issue" you just add the label.
Let me know if that helps!
There is a Template Automation called 'Resolve issues due to inactivity' which is very similar to what @Alex Koxaras -Relational- provided. You're basically building off of that and by adjusting the criteria, should be able to get exactly what you're looking for.
What purpose / value does the label provide? For example, is it meant to be a visual indicator when the labels field is added to the backlog view?
Instead, have you tried using a quick filter with JQL to just view the older issues:
created <= startOfDay(-180)
Kind regards,Bill
Whilst this is possible, I don't think it's necessarily the best solution - I would either...
---
JQL - Board Options
You'll need JQL for (1) and (2) - I'd recommend something like this:
created < 180d AND (Sprint is EMPTY OR Sprint not in openSprints() AND sprint not in futureSprints())
^ This JQL finds issues that are over 180 days old, and either have not been in a Sprint, or are not in an active/future Sprint - therefore are on the Backlog.
You could further limit results by excluding closed issues - for example:
created < 180d AND (Sprint is EMPTY OR Sprint not in openSprints() AND sprint not in futureSprints()) AND resolution is EMPTY
Option 1 - Card Colour
Option 2 - Quick Filter
Option 3 - Automation:
Option 4 - Automation Labels:
If you did want to use your option, you could do this:
Notes:
Let us know which option is right for you!
Ste
that's awesome! thank you so much Stephen
I've went for option 4 and for some reason newer tickets created Feb 2024 are being labeled. Trying to troubleshoot why that's the case.
What is the JQL you've used for the rule?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.