Good afternoon, everyone.
I've the following issue/question:
I have an email account connected to my JMS platform; lets name this example@gmail.com. I have an automation set up that will create a support ticket in the platform if an email is sent example@gmail.com and if the sender's domain equals an specific domain.
I've recently added an alias to example@gmail.com in gmail's platform; lets name this alias@gmail.com.
If an email is sent (assuming it meets the domain criteria) to either example@gmail.com or alias@gmail.com, a ticket will be succesfully created in my platform.
The issue is the following:
If an email is sent to either of the email addresses, I have no way of knowing which email was contacted within the ticket. The way I thought of "fixing" this was:
- If mail is sent from to a customer to example@gmail.com -> Create a ticket with a custom tag saying with "example" as it's value.
- If mail is sent from a customer to alias@gmail.com -> Create a ticket with a custom tag saying "alias" as it's value.
Is this possible through automation? If it is, is it possible without connecting the alias email to my JMS platform?
Any input is greatly appreciated.