Hello, in our area we have different projects where we have some epics which are on charge of a specific team. I need a query to obtain all the issues related to these epics and my advances are the next:
* I create a Project Category to identify our projects from other areas. From there, I can find what epics are assigned to a specific team.
category in ("Area 1") AND issuetype = "Epic" AND "Team[Team]" = 1
* I found that parentEpic() can obtain all the issues related to specific Epics. So, with the previous filter I can obtain the epics and close my current need.
The problem that I face is when a new Epic is created. I need to add the epic to the parentEpic list, that is why I am trying to mix both solutions. Do you have any idea about how I can solve this?
I tried something like this, but it is not supported by Jira:
parentEpic in (category in ("Area 1") AND issuetype = "Epic" AND "Team[Team]" = 1)
I found other alternatives but I face some problems:
* category in ("Area 1") AND "Team[Team]" = 1 >> It requires that task and subtask are assigned to the Team, if it is avoided, the solution does not work. I tried the same with labels and components, but the result is the same.
* I understood that advanced apps for Jira can solve this situation, but we must pay for it 