Hello! Jira has a feature that lets you customize the issue type hierarchy beyond the default that would allow you to create item types above epic (at hierarchy level 2 for example) if you're on Jira premium.
I confirmed that I was able to do this through the UI and see my new type with hierarchy 2 in my issue type list, however I don't seem to be able to perform this same operation through the API, as the endpoint The Jira API docs suggest that you're only allowed to create item types with Hierarchy 0, -1 which follows the behaviour I was seeing on the endpoint. I was wondering if there was a way to create those non-standard issue types programmatically that I was missing.
In a similar vein, if someone has deleted the epic issue type is there any way to re-create that programmatically given (it seems like) you can only create issue types at hierarchy level 0 or -1?
Thanks!