I am the admin for our Jira cloud service, but know very little about the capabilities outside of creating projects and assigning users. I have a user group who has asked me if they can use Jira to track bug requests. Here are some of the specifics.
1) Have Jira read an incoming email and create a ticket in a project with information from the body of the email.
2) Allow back-and-forth correspondence with the original requestor through the ticket so they don't need to use Outlook.
3) Move the ticket through phases (similar to the Kanban board setup)
4) Create reports for management based on the # of tickets received and completed by week/month.
My limited knowledge base is the following.
1) I'm not sure if Jira can read incoming emails and create a ticket with just the Jira app.
2) I believe that to have the back-and-forth correspondence, each person in the conversation would need to have a Jira license.
3) This I believe is the same as we use Kanboards for now.
4) I believe reports for this would be available.
In doing some research I think I may need Jira Service management to accomplish #2 and we don't have that currently.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Bob