Hi all,
I was wondering if there was anyway to automatically block a parent ticket (epic in this case) if a child ticket is blocked? Specifically, if a child ticket has a link of "blocks/blocked by" (as opposed to adding a flag), can the parent Epic automatically have a link added to the other Epic that the other child ticket belongs to? These different epics and stories would be in different projects.
I feel some sort of better example might be needed as it's gnarly to explain:
Given Child A belongs to Parent A (in Project 1)
AND Child B belongs to Parent B (in Project 2)
When I add a link that states Child A blocks Child B
Then Parent A automatically gets a link to say there's a blocker in Parent B
What do you reckon? The reason for this is that in the Plans/Advanced Roadmap, if you're looking at a higher flight level where you only need to go down as far as an Epic, you can't see the fact that some of the children are blocked, so you have a misleading picture.