Good afternoon!
I've been looking for and tried various proposed solutions to similar issues but to no avail.
I've set up a series of automations that log the date/time a specific label is added to an issue into a custom field. There are 3 or 4 labels I'm interested in tracking and I've got that working without issue.
What I would like to do next, and where my issues lie, is add fields between them that will display the time taken between the 1st label being added and the 2nd being added in another custom field. The idea is that it will show...
Label 1 added [date][time]
Time between with label 1 added and label 2 added [x] d, [x] h, [x] m, [x] s
Label 2 added [date][time]
Time between with label 2 added and label 3 added [x] d, [x] h, [x] m, [x] s
Issue transitioned [date][time]
Time between label 3 added and issue transitioned [x] d, [x] h, [x] m, [x] s
I can get it to add text into the 'time between' field, but I cannot get diff to work.
I initially tried {{now.diff(issue.customfield_XXXXX)}} within the same rule that the date/time stamp is added but when that didn't work I tried to add a new rule watching for a change on the field and then doing a diff between the 2 custom fields but that didn't work either!
I'm 99% sure I'm just doing something in the wrong order or the wrong place!!
If anyone could help me out/give advice or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it and save me from pulling my hair out any more than I already have haha. TIA