I created a new project in JIRA service desk and am trying to route the ticket as it is being generated.
When the user or service tech is filling out the create ticket form, we have cascading custom filters narrowing why they are creating a ticket. The request type "Service Request" is our default, and once a ticket is created and assigned a ticket number as a "Service Request" you cannot change the request type post creation.
I located the workflow diagram and selected the arrow in between the starting point, and when the workflow reaches Open.
When you click on the arrow, and select Post Functions highlighted below, it opens a menu with available options.
I'm looking to add a query checking this custom field selection, and if confirmed, to proceed in creating the ticket as an incident, instead of the default "Service Request" Request type. I created issue types exactly the same for both request types and can't see where I can automate this process before the ticket is created.
Here is the JQL code that works when I test for validation:
project = NEWP AND "All Brand Issue Type - Request Form[Select List (cascading)]" in cascadeOption(13771, 13780)
Thanks for your support on this and looking forward to your response.
- Jonathan

