OK, bit of an odd use case, I guess, as I can't find much information on this online.
I work on an internal data analysis team and currently when other teams/stakeholders need analyses completed, we discuss requirements on a call or on Slack and then a member of our team creates a story in our Jira Software project (which we would like to continue using due to its customization potential and ability to use Scrum/Kanban). This is inefficient and we would like to allow stakeholders to submit their own requests via an intake form.
Through an earlier thread I found we could use Jira Service Management to intake, and then clone these stories with relevant fields into new tickets in our Jira Software project. However, my company doesn't like to create JSM projects without SLAs and other requirements that aren't fulfilled for our use case, so I need alternatives.
Would Jira Work Management allow is to:
1. Create an intake form
2. Allow stakeholders to create tickets in our Jira Work Management project
3. Create a ticket in our Jira Software project, individually mapping the intake form inputs into their respective fields in JS
This would only be for internal stakeholders within the company - I find it hard to believe that no one has ever needed this in the past, and am really hoping there is a viable solution! All we really need is to allow internal stakeholders to submit tickets to our Jira Software project.
Thank you.