I am trying to update our issue heirarchy and it says that it is unavailable. I tried contacting support to fix but it just directs me here. How can I update these? I want to swap out the Feature and Epic levels so Epic is the highest and Feature is L2.
Hi @Lynn Squire - unfortunately it is not possible to swap L1 and L2 easily. The reason is that the lower 3 hierarchy levels are fixed and you can just add and swap levels above those.
Nevertheless, what you could do is rename the issue types in your environment. You could rename the current "Epic" Jira Issue type into "Feature" and rename the current "Feature" Jira issue type to "Epic" or something else.
Those two links explain, how to rename the Epic-level and how to rename an issue type
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Beyond-epics-Flexible-naming-has-landed/ba-p/2609733
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-edit-and-delete-an-issue-type/
Thanks. Another issue is that it's locked now and won't let me save or change it. When I go to submit a ticket like the error says, it only takes me here.
To submit a support request you can go to: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/Note: Normal users cannot open tickets with our support team, but org admins or site admins can create tickets for an Atlassian Cloud site.
Thanks. I am an org admin but it doesn't allow me to submit a ticket. It says for me to get with my org admin and have them submit a ticket. Perhaps because we are on a 30 day trial license? It also doesn't recognize our product right now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.