I have chosen to approach a current project using the GDPM project method/philosophy because I have used it in the past with great success.
A central tenet of this method is to think in terms of milestones and their dependencies.
I have chosen stories to represent the milestones and the whole project as one (or more) epics, the latter since I want to integrate the project with other work the team is doing in one board to keep the daily life simpler for them.
I was glad to discover that while using our already existing boards for day to day operations could construct a url that only showed the project in isolation in a timeline. The url has the form ".../projects/{project}/boards/{boardId}/timeline?issueParent={epicId}&selectedIssue=AUT-7061&timeline=QUARTERS.
Now I chose to model dependencies closely matching the GDPM philosopy. That means that the dependencies should be "Cannot finish until linked issue is finished.".
So here we are at the problem. This dependency type doesn't show up in the timeline as an edge between two items thus linked and adjusting the finished date of an item does not, it appears, automatically adjust any dependent items due dates.
Why is this and can it be fixed somehow?
Regards
M